CareGrove is an online payment platform for senior living communities.
- › Built and scaled a Rails app from serving one community to hundreds of them
- › Built a payment system with support for scheduled payments that processed over $5MM in transactions
- › Lead a development team and improved organization in the company
Booster Stage is a small agency that helps entrepreneurs build and launch web applications rapidly.
- › Built two Rails apps for accepting payments from scratch
- › Built an embeddable payment form modal for accepting payments on third-party websites
AmaZix is a world-leading community management company for crypto-currencies.
- › Built a system for automatic bounty validation from scratch
- › Implemented system for validating reported posts from big social networks like Facebook and Twitter
IvySpace is an online knowledge sharing service between mentors from Ivy-league colleges and students from China.
- › Converted Reflux based React application to Redux and Redux Saga
- › Implemented fallback for currency conversion API
- › Converted various translation-related models to new JSON based schema with some fancy usage of Postgres functions
Synectics Media is a media company from Detroit, specialized in making small MVPs. I built a marketplace focused on automotive parts and primarily intended for mobile use.
- › Built an MVP from scratch using Ember.js and Ruby on Rails
- › Implemented integration with peer to peer payment services using both PayPal and Stripe
- › Implemented integration with shipping APIs which supported printing international shipping labels from a bunch of providers
Airbrake is the first and most popular exception tracking service.
Lessonhub is a custom education-focused content management system used by teachers across the US.
- › Built a custom content management system from scratch, with support for math functions and various custom lesson elements
- › Implemented frontend in Ember.js and the backend in Ruby on Rails
- › Implemented a small analytics platform, backed by Redis
- › Was in charge of everything related to development, including managing other people that worked on the project
Particle is an internet of things cloud platform focusing on providing easy internet access to Arduino-like boards.
- › Built a custom browser-based IDE for their platform from scratch, using Ember.js that communicated with multiple APIs
- › Built a Rails API with support for submissions of custom third-party libraries for the IDE usage
Betterdoc is a SaaS that helps its customers with finding the best doctor for their needs.
- › Improved the test suite and raised the quality of the existing Ruby on Rails codebase
Hiiro was a SaaS for finding high-quality contractors, meant to be an alternative to Toptal. Unfortunately, it didn't gain enough traction, so development was discontinued.
- › Implemented private exception tracking system for the Ruby on Rails API
- › Implemented various features using TDD for a frontend that was using Angular.js and the backend which was using Ruby on Rails
- › Refactored large portion of the codebase, which improved the performance of the API
Rackspace is a popular cloud provider, and I worked on Airbrake. Airbrake is the first and most popular exception tracking service.
- › Implemented various third-party service integrations like Engineyard, Heroku, and Jira using TDD
- › Maintained an open-source Ruby gem that integrates with Rails with millions of downloads
- › Added support for newer versions of Rails to an open-source gem
- › Resolved support issues for over 40,000 monthly active users
Showmojo is a small website for managing real estate showings. The backend is written in Ruby on Rails, and the frontend is using jQuery.
- › Implemented analytics for images rendered on third-party services
- › Improved user experience for photo uploads
Kuote is a small website for creating beautiful Medium-like quotes, perfect for sharing on Twitter or Instagram.
Journmail is a service that reminds you to write in your journal every day by sending reminder emails.
Zapsnap is a fun little service for temporary peer-to-peer screenshot sharing.
Livedown is a small tool that enables live Markdown previews from your favorite editor.